Author Topic: Arma Crash on loading into Server  (Read 4510 times)

Lima

Arma Crash on loading into Server
« on: May 31, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »
Recently myself and a few others have been having issues joining any servers, we load into the server without problems but when we choose a slot and actually join, Arma crashes. The crashing seems random, sometimes I can resolve the issue by choosing another slot but it often does not work.

R. F. Nelson

Re: Arma Crash on loading into Server
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 11:14:42 AM »
When Arma crashes, is this after you've selected the slot, when it's loading up the map? Also, when Arma crashes, is it a soft crash/lock up? If so, one potential solution to these problems can be to delete the contents (save the readme) if your Arma 3 DLL folder. In this folder are Arma 3's memory allocation .dll files. The soft crashing/locking up seems mostly linked to the memory it's allocating, borking up.

Give it a shot (verifying your game cache will cause the files to be re-downloaded), and if you still have the issue, it's at least something to cross off your list.

Lima

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »
Joining the server shows no problems, when I get to the choose slot screen there are no problems, only when I choose one and hit OK it crashes. I'm not sure which type of crash it is, but the game window becomes white and I get a message saying "Arma 3 has stopped working, close the application." I've tried what you said, I have no idea if it works though because this only happens in 506th servers.

G. E. Miller

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
Here is 2 things you can try:

1: http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=2870.0

2: Overflow on memory cache. So try restart your computer :)

Hopp

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
Here are the recent causes of crashes if you've never had problems until the most recent modpack update.

http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=5519.0

Give those a try.