Author Topic: Missing Userconfig File?  (Read 3407 times)

L. Walker

Missing Userconfig File?
« on: October 30, 2016, 04:24:58 PM »
Hello, RCT L Walker here,

I recently downloaded the 506th mod pack and when extracting I noticed there was not a userconfig file listed. As a result, when starting up the game, a notification occurs stating:

"userconfig\cyp_pushtohear_a3\cyp_pushtohear_a3_config.hpp not found".

When I looked at the source of the problem another member suggested merging the files of userconfig from 506th to the A3 Directory. The problem lies in that, as noted, I do not have that userconfig file to merge with. I would appreciate any help if possible.

Thanks,
RCT Walker

SSG (Ret) Donohoe

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Missing Userconfig File?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »
http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=13064.msg88715#msg88715

You need to create a userconfig file, above link should help
K. DONOHOE
SSG, USA
Retired

L. Walker

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 05:09:59 PM »
I have a userconfig file that I created. That was there when I downloaded it. It was in the Arma 3 directory, but a userconfig file for my 506th mod never showed up. I ended up deleting the PBO file for the push to talk. It ended up booting up the game. I hope that doesn't have negative repercussions in the future.

Leeds

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
Cypress push to hear just allows you to slightly suppress the environmental noises around you ie, combat, vehicles, so that you can better hear communications. I provided you the Userconfig folder I uploaded. So if you want you can put the .pbo back in and simply follow the instructions I gave you in the message. It's just one add-on that you may or may not use, however you will need the userconfig in your directory.

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 05:03:52 AM »
I have a userconfig file that I created. That was there when I downloaded it. It was in the Arma 3 directory, but a userconfig file for my 506th mod never showed up. I ended up deleting the PBO file for the push to talk. It ended up booting up the game. I hope that doesn't have negative repercussions in the future.

You need to insure that this does not affect your ability to connect to Official servers properly. If you have any errors during official training or operations, you will be swiftly kicked from the server.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

L. Walker

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 11:42:33 AM »
Yes SGT O'Neill. CPL Leeds actually assisted me with the userconfig file that contained the necessary data and I reintegrated the pbo file I had deleted. It booted up without issue.

If you don't mind my asking, is there a way I could test my ability to connect to the server? I only want to ensure it works properly. I have all the mods necessary for training, but I just don't want to be an hindrance to the group.

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:15 PM »
You test your ability to connect to Official servers during Recruit Training class. Other than that, I would suggest messaging someone like PFC O. Thomas in regards to connecting to one of his server instances that have all the standard mods installed. Its not guaranteed, but I'd say 9 times out of 10, if you can connect to his server without any issues then you could connect to the official servers without issue.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired