Author Topic: GPS Minimap  (Read 3207 times)

M. Boone

GPS Minimap
« on: December 17, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
Since the last update, I think a file may have become corrupt relating to bring up my GPS minimap. No matter what GPS unit I use, and no matter what keybindings I attach, the GPS will not display. I'm not referring to the Microdagr display on the side or center screen, but the small, transparent GPS minimap.

Does anyone have any idea as to what file I need to re-download that may fix that?

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
Re: GPS Minimap
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »

If this is the one you're talking about, this is the vanilla Arma 3 GPS that is also included with the Ctab mods. If you need to re-download something, it would be the 506th pack and check your userconfig folder.

Make sure you're actually changing the default Arma 3 GPS keybinding which is under Common Controls, I believe.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

1LT J. N. Lee

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:39:45 PM »
Something else I've noticed is that for some reason, my GPS has been moved all the way outside of my screen to the right, and I wouldn't have noticed if not for checking my UI settings, maybe this could be the same problem as yours?
J. N. LEE
1LT, IN
Platoon Leader, Co A\1-506 Infantry

M. Boone

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:08:45 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Yes, that is the map. I've checked the layout and it appears fine. I'll try redownloading the mod pack and userconfig.

M. Boone

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 11:51:42 PM »
FYI, I re-downloaded the mod pack and installed it. Didn't seem to fix the problem. I ended up changing the game layout to the default instead of my custom layout, and the minimap worked. Not sure why that custom layout stopped working all of a sudden. Thanks.