Author Topic: Temporary Resignation  (Read 5063 times)

T. Thomas

Temporary Resignation
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:15:22 AM »
Due to some unforeseen things that have come up lately, I have next to no time to play games at this point in time, let alone finish OSUT training. Is there a way that I can officially resign so I'm not wasting space within the unit, or is this not an issue?

Joyce

Re: Temporary Resignation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:47:53 AM »
If you fail to finish OSUT within 45 days, you'll be given an general administrative discharge automatically. I'm not sure if the rejoin policy applies to individuals who haven't completed their IET, but if it does, then you should be allowed to rejoin after 30 days.

Hopefully an S-1 clerk will be around shortly to confirm or deny all of this for you, but, I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:58:06 AM by PFC Joyce »

SSG (Ret) Cast

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 01:50:42 AM »
b. Any student who enters AIT, has 45 days to complete his training and report in to the Battalion or Detachment. Any student who fails to complete his training in 45 days is eligible for Administrative Discharge. A student may request an extension from the AIT Chief, but an extension can be denied.

AIT Chief: SGT Grchan

Or you can just resign if you wish and re-apply when you have the time :)
L. CAST
SSG, USA
Retired

Whitacre

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »
Due to some unforeseen things that have come up lately, I have next to no time to play games at this point in time, let alone finish OSUT training. Is there a way that I can officially resign so I'm not wasting space within the unit, or is this not an issue?

I can answer this for you.

Because you have not finished the training pipeline, you will be removed after 45 days in the Receiving Platoon. However, like SSG Cast mentioned, if you simply need a bit more time, you can send a PM to SGT Grchan, and he might give you an extension. Extensions are granted mainly on the circumstances around needing more time to complete training.

Alternativly, if you wish to be gone, and done with now, you can send me a PM, and I will work it out with you.

I hope you decide to seek an extension, and stick around. This is a good place to be.

Respectfully,
SGT Whitacre