Author Topic: TFAR plugin not showing in teamspeak  (Read 5142 times)

KM93

TFAR plugin not showing in teamspeak
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:17:48 AM »
So I'm following the video to install TFAR (I know it's outdated). I was told today there was a new TFAR and new TS update so I installed and updated. The new TFAR pack has a teamspeak folder under @task_force_radio with "task_force_radio.ts3_plugin" in the folder. Now the video posted shows something different with a plugins folder and two files task_force_radio_win32.dll and win64.dll (can watch the video if you're confused on what I'm saying). So I went ahead and created a plugins folder myself in my teamspeak folder and threw the  "task_force_radio.ts3_plugin" file in there. Opened teamspeak and went to tools>options>addons clicked plugins and only see three plugins there: clientquery, control, and gamepad and joystick hotkey support.

What exactly am I doing wrong here?

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: TFAR plugin not showing in teamspeak
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 02:41:47 AM »
Easy enough mistake.

Double click the .ts3_plugin file, and TeamSpeak will ask you if you want to install it etc. No need to manually move any files or so-on.

From there you should be right to go.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

KM93

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:59:43 PM »
Thanks but unfortunately it's still not working.

Here's exactly what I tried:

Downloaded tfar from provided link, extracted @task force radio, put it in my arma 3 directory like I would do with any other mod.

Opened tfar folder, opened the teamspeak folder included and double clicked on the plugin as you suggested.

It asked me what I wanted to run it with, searched for ts3client_win64 (not the shortcut) and all it did was opened teamspeak - it did not ask me if I wanted to install it.

Checked tools>options>plugins still no tfar.

I then tried to drop the plugin file into the ts folder and did the same thing as above but it did not work.

I am not using the outdated stuff, this is all coming straight from the message I received to update ts and mods.

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 02:17:15 AM »
When you are in the TS folder, you should run that TS.exe file in it. it should ask you if you would install it. It shouldn't ask you  what  to run it with. So there's something going wrong there.

Thanks but unfortunately it's still not working.

Here's exactly what I tried:

Downloaded tfar from provided link, extracted @task force radio, put it in my arma 3 directory like I would do with any other mod.

Opened tfar folder, opened the teamspeak folder included and double clicked on the plugin as you suggested.

It asked me what I wanted to run it with, searched for ts3client_win64 (not the shortcut) and all it did was opened teamspeak - it did not ask me if I wanted to install it.

Checked tools>options>plugins still no tfar.

I then tried to drop the plugin file into the ts folder and did the same thing as above but it did not work.

I am not using the outdated stuff, this is all coming straight from the message I received to update ts and mods.
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

KM93

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
Alright problem fixed. Thanks for your suggestions.

I should have checked this first, but the folder was set to read only and not read&write, went through and changed everything. TS3 is good to go.