Author Topic: PTT Button  (Read 3964 times)

SGT (Ret) J. Foster

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
PTT Button
« on: December 30, 2017, 11:40:52 PM »
Does anyone have a suggestion of a PTT button for game chat that isn't assigned to anything else in ARMA? I usually use CAPS LOCK, but for obvious reasons that conflicts with TFAR.
J. FOSTER
SGT, USA
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: PTT Button
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
I use the "Forward" button on my mouse (Mouse Button #5) which is fine when in-game.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SGT (Ret) J. Foster

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!
J. FOSTER
SGT, USA
Retired

WO1 Muller

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »
I use the same one as Hardman. If you have those nifty mouse buttons that you can reach with your thumb then you wont be bogging down your left hand with even more to do. Otherwise I'd suggest rebinding "Sprint" to the space bar and using shift for PTT.
M. MULLER
WO1, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »
Space is my Advanced Movement key ;)
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

WO1 Muller

• Aviation Element
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »
Space is my Walk key and the up arrow is my advanced movement key... which i should change because it's weird to take my right hand off the mouse to climb stuff
M. MULLER
WO1, AV

CPT Tell

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:49 PM »
I have a razor naga mouse, so there are 12 buttons on the side to use (although my short thumb can only reach 9 of them). I have them set so 4 is local talk, 5 is primary short range radio, 6 is alt short range, and 9 is primary long range. If you happen to have a naga, this is a pretty effective setup. (Also if you have a naga, recommend you put one of the buttons to be left control. Keeps you from having to contort your hand to hit control and some other key for all of the commands that require the left control button, and doing that while also having to do other stuff can slow you down).
B. TELL
CPT, IN

SGT (Ret) J. Foster

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »
Thanks for all the insight guys! Really appreciate it. I have the Corsair M65 Pro for a mouse, so I'm stuck with just the FORWARD (5) and BACK (4) buttons. I was thinking about getting a mouse like the Naga, just for the added hotkeys. The problem is I'm such a noob when it comes to Arma that I'm still trying to learn what works and what doesn't as far as key bindings.
J. FOSTER
SGT, USA
Retired

WO1 Muller

• Aviation Element
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »
Yeah be sure to work out your key bindings. There are some that'll give you more trouble than others. You'll find that some (like lase range and lock target [with javelin etc]) will conflict with others but arma wont tell you that and you'll be smashing the key waiting for the lock that'll never happen.
M. MULLER
WO1, AV

1st Lt Leib

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
I cleared all control inputs for F1 and made it push-to-talk. So basically it works fine if I'm in-game or using Firefox, but using the ARMA launcher or something like that will bring up help windows and other things. Of course my set-up is more 'passive' as far as it goes for infantry movement and controls. I'd honestly recommend going the route of the Naga from how I've heard so many people talk about it.
C. LEIB
1st Lt, USAF
A-10 Qualified Pilot, 23rd Wing\74th Det

SGT (Ret) J. Foster

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 08:09:48 PM »
Ya I'm starting to think more and more about getting another mouse with hotkeys on it.

PV2 Muller, is there any obvious key bindings I need to work out? Or did you find you figured them out while going through OSUT?
J. FOSTER
SGT, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Potvin

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Potvin E.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »
I have the M65.

I use the 2 thumb buttons for voice comms in games. One button for TFAR the other for teamspeak.
E. POTVIN
SPC, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) J. Foster

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »
Ya I find using the mouse button works pretty well. Just have to fix the key binding that also has it zoom in.
J. FOSTER
SGT, USA
Retired